Information and Documentations for registration at the CAC
- For the incorporation, the incorporation forms needs to be filled with certain vital information. These incorporation forms generally need to be executed by the subscribers proposed directors, and the proposed company secretary. The relevant incorporation forms to be submitted to the CAC are:
- CAC Form 2- Two copies are required
- CAC Form 2.1;
- CAC Form 3;
- CAC Form 7.
- To ensure a seamless incorporation, the following information and documents are vital and need to be known and submitted to the CAC.
- The Nominal Share Capital of Company
- The Particulars of the Subscribers
- Proof of Identity of the Subscribers
- The Particulars of the Company Secretary
- The Registered Address of the Company
- The Particulars of Directors of the Company
- Proof of Identity of the Directors
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (Memart)
- Certificate of proficiency, for businesses of a professional nature
Our professional fees for incorporating a Nigerian company at the CAC is the sum of $1500 (One Thousand, Five Hundred United States Dollars).
Registration with the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (“NIPC”)
- Apart from seeking local incorporation in Nigeria, a foreign entity seeking to carry on business in Nigeria must register with the NIPC in accordance with the NIPC Act.
- The NIPC Act requires every company with foreign participation to be registered with the NIPC before commencing business and guarantees any foreign enterprise registered with it, protection against nationalisation and expropriation of the foreign enterprise by any government of Nigeria.
- The information and documentation required for registration with the NIPC are as follows:
Information and Documentation for NIPC Registration
- Original copy of the duly completed NIPC Form 1
- A copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- A copy of the certificate of incorporation
- A copy of CAC Form 2 (Return of Allotment) and CAC Form 7 (Particulars of Directors)
- Power of Attorney/Letter of Authority (where applicable)
Our professional fees for registration with the NIPC is the sum of $1000 (One Thousand United States Dollars). The sum is however, exclusive of disbursements and expenses we incur whilst acting for you.
Obtaining Business Permits from the Nigerian Immigration Service (“NIS”)
- Apart from the aforementioned permits, a foreign company desirous of carrying on business in Nigeria, must before beginning its operations obtain a business permit. A business permit is the permanent authorisation for the local operation of a business with foreign investment either as a branch or subsidiary of a foreign company or otherwise.
- The information and documentation required for the attainment of a business permit from the Nigerian Immigration Service are as follows:
Information and Documentation
- Original copy of the duly completed NIPC Form
- Original copy of the treasury receipt of purchase of NIPC Form
- A copy of the Company’s certificate of incorporation
- Evidence that the Company has a minimum share capital of N10,000,000
- A copy of the Tax Clearance Certificate of the applicant
- A copy of Certificate of Capital Importation
- A copy of CAC Form 2 (return of Allotment) and CAC Form & (particulars of Directors)
- A copy of the Memart
- A copy of treasury receipt as evidence of payment of stamp duties on the authorised share capital of the company as at date of application;
- A Copy of Feasibility Report and Project Implementation Programme of a company for its proposed business
- Copies of information brochure on foreign shareholder (if available) as testimony of international expertise and credibility of the foreign partner in the proposed line of business
- Details of Shareholding Structure of the Company
- A copy of Joint Venture, Shareholders’ or Partnership Agreement, (Unless 100% foreign ownership is applicable).
Our professional fees for getting a business permit is the sum of $1000 (One Thousand United States Dollars). The sum is however, exclusive of disbursements and expenses we incur whilst acting for you.
We hope the above assists.