Terms and Conditions of Use
PLEASE NOTE LEGITNG IS NOT A LAW FIRM AND DOES NOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE. ANY INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED FROM OR PROVIDED BY LEGITNG IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. IF LEGAL ADVICE IS REQUIRED THE CUSTOMER SHOULD CONTACT A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL.
Client means the users who are given the opportunity to purchase the Services;
Intellectual Property means all intellectual property rights of whatever nature anywhere in the world conferred under statute, common law or equity and includes rights in respect of or in connection with copyright, whether or not registered or registrable, and includes the right to apply for or renew the registration of such rights;
Legitng, we and our refer to Lantern Inn Team Limited (RC: );
Legal Professional means a Nigerian lawyer with a valid certificate to practice law in Nigeria.
Legal Documents means the document templates that can be found on the Website;
Website means the website https://www.legitng.com or any other website owned or operated by Legitng;
You and your refer to an individual, company or organisation that has visited, read or is using the Website and/or the its associated products or services.
- The Website is a platform that provides technology powered legal facilitation products and services to Clients and Legal Professionals, which includes, but is not limited to subscription to access all Legal Documents during the subscription period and may, depending on the types of plan sold on the Website, include other features such as company registration, company reregistration, legal health check, and Introduction to Lawyers (collectively, referred to as the “Services”).
- The Website is provided and operated by Legitng. Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated products and/or Services, are provided by Legitng and/or relevant third parties. Access to and use of any third party products and/or services through the Website are subject to these terms and conditions (the “Terms“) and any third party terms referenced herein or brought to your attention during your use of the Website and/or its associated products or services.
- Legitng reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion at any time. Any changes to the Terms will take effect immediately from the date of their publication. Your access and use of the Website after Legitng makes any changes constitute your acceptance of any such changes and you will be bound by those changes. If you do not agree to any changes, you must cease usage of the Website and any of its associated products or Services immediately.
- In order to access the Services, you are required to register for an account with Legitng (“Member Account“).
- If you are a Client, in order to create a Member Account, you are required to provide Legitng with:
- your personal information such as your name, address, email address, phone number and location;
- a username; and
- a password.
- If you are a Legal Professional, in order to create a Member Account, you may be required to provide Legitng with:
- your personal information such as your name, your email address, your contact number, and the email address that you would like the quote requests sent to;
- your firm’s details such as the name of your firm, the address of your firm, a short description of your firm;
- your title at the firm;
- your qualification, including where you are admitted to practice and your post-qualification experience;
- the areas of law you practise;
- a brief description of your skill set; and
- your headshot for your profile.
Once your application is submitted, Legitng will approve your application as quickly as possible. Depending on the number of applicants, approval time can range from 24 hours to two (2) weeks.
- Once you have completed the registration process you will be a registered member of the Website (the “Member”) and you agree to be bound by the Terms.
- You warrant that any personal and/or registration information you provide to Legitng will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- You understand that by supplying Legitng with your address, email address and phone number, you may receive regular emails, newsletters, telephone calls or SMS updates from Legitng in order to keep you informed about Legitng activities.
- You may not register for an account and may not use the Services if:
- you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Legitng; or
- you are a person barred from using the Services under the laws of Nigeria or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
- By registering for a Member Account or using the Services, you represent and warrant to Legitng that:
- you have reached the legal age in your jurisdiction;
- you have the right, authority and capacity to agree to and abide by the Terms;
- if you are registering with Legitng or purchasing the Services on behalf of a business, that business is taken to have accepted the Terms and you are taken to have been duly authorised to bind the business; and
- you will use the Website in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws, regulations and all other Legitng policies.
- As a Member, you agree to comply with the following:
- not to share your Member Account with any other person, except where you are registering on behalf of a business, in which case you may share the Member Account with the employees or other registered owners of the business for the legal needs of that business;
- use the Website only for purposes that are permitted by the Terms and any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
- maintain the confidentiality of your Member Account and all the activities under your account;
- notify LawPath immediately following any unauthorised use of your Member Account or any other breach of security;
- not expressly or impliedly impersonate another Member or use the Member Account or password of another Member at any time;
- subject to clause 4.1(a), access and use of the Website is limited, non-transferable and allows for the sole use of the Website by you for the purposes of providing or receiving the Services;
- not to use the Website or Member Account for any illegal and/or unauthorised use, including, but is not limited to, collecting email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website;
- that commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of your Member Account or the provision of the Services to you; and
- you acknowledge and agree that any automated use of the Website or its Services is prohibited.
- Legitng offers company incorporation services, Nigerian Business Names registration services and Goods and Services Tax registration services to Clients.
- To purchase the services, the Client is required to complete an online application form. The application form will then be generated and submitted to a third party supplier who in turn lodges the relevant information with the Corporate Affairs Commissionnd any other relevant government body such as the Federal Inland Revenue Service. The Client will then receive the Company Number and other related company documents in the registered email address specified in the online application form.
- The Client may be required to agree to third party supplier terms and conditions during the application process and the Client acknowledges that he/she/it will be bound by the third party terms.
- Payment for Services other than the Subscription services
- The Client must make payment for the Services before completion of the Services.
- The Client will only obtain the completion of the Services requested once payment is confirmed by Legitng.
- If a Client is unsatisfied with the Services the Client has purchased, the Client may notify Legitng within 30 days of purchase and Legitng will attempt to resolve the Client’s concerns. Legitng, at its sole discretion, may provide a refund of the fee to you.
- Notwithstanding clause 5.4, if the Client terminates the engagement prior to the work being completed, the Client will be required to pay for the professional fees and charges for work done, and for expenses and disbursements incurred, up to the date of termination, and any transaction fees charged by Legitng.
- In this clause, “Confidential Information” means any documents or information created, received or obtained by the Client from or on behalf of the Legal Professional, Legitng or any other party in respect of any consultation. In relation to Legitng, it also includes all non-public information pertaining to Legitng’s business (including, without limitation, our pricing information, the identity or participation of specific Legal Professionals, and any content marked confidential) is Confidential Information.
- By accepting the Terms, you acknowledge and agree that you will not, during the course of the engagement or thereafter, use, disclose, solicit, or misappropriate any Confidential Information, trade secrets, or other proprietary information that belongs to any third-party, except with the prior written consent of that party or as required by law.
- You may read and copy the information on Legitng for your own needs but you may not publish, resell or sub-licence it. Legitng makes no guarantees, representations or warranties about the accuracy or legal correctness of any of the information on Legitng.
- User content
- In this clause, “User Content” means any and all information and content that a Client, Legal Professional, or visitor of the Website, submits to or uses with the Website.
- Legitng does not claim ownership of your User Content. Legitng makes no guarantees about the User Content and Legitng does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the User Content.
- You are solely responsible for your User Content. You assume all risks associated with the use of your User Content, including any reliance on its accuracy or completeness.
- You represent and warrant that your User Content does not violate any third party licenses.
- By posting a content onto the Website, you expressly grant to Legitng and its successors an irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferrable, sub-licensable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, publicly display, and otherwise use and exploit your de-identifiable User Content. This license does not grant Legitng the right to on-sell User Content. You hereby irrevocably waive any claims and assertions of moral rights with respect to your User Content.
- Legitng reserves the right to review, remove or amend any User Content, but LawPath does not have the legal obligation to do so.
- Information on the Website is no substitute for professional legal advice. You should not delay or forgo seeking legal advice or disregard professional advice based on information provided by the Website.
- Third Party Website
- Legitng works with a number of partners and affiliates whose websites are linked with Legitng and are controlled by parties other than Legitng (each a “Third Party Website”).
- Legitng is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Website, any website accessed from a Third Party Website or any changes or updates to such sites. LawPath makes no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. If you have purchased a package that includes any Third Party Services, the third party may contact you by email and/or phone with instructions on how to access your benefits and to keep you informed of their services. You may be required to accept additional terms located on the Third Party Website.
- Certain services made available on the Legitng Website are delivered by third parties. By using any product, service, or functionality originating from the Legitng Website, you are allowing Legitng to share information with any third party with whom Legitng has a pertinent contractual relationship – any information necessary to facilitate its provisions of products, services, or functionality to you.
- Copyright and Intellectual Property
- The Website, the Services and all of the related products of Legitng are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under Nigerian law and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the content and compilation of the Website (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, Website, code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) (the “Content”) are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by Legitng or its contributors.
- Legitng retains all rights, title and interest (including copyrights, patents and trade marks) in and to the Website, Services, products and all related content therein. Unless otherwise indicated, the Terms do not transfer to you any Legitng or third party’s right, title, and interest in copyrights, patents and trademarks.
- You may not, without the prior written permission of Legitng and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Content or third party content for any purpose. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
- You acknowledge and agree that Legitng may use your logo, branding or other trademarks (the “Trademarks”) for Legitng’s marketing efforts. You grant to Legitng a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty free right to use the Trademarks. If you do not wish that your Trademarks be used, you may request for a removal of your Trademarks from Legitng’s marketing materials by contacting Legitng at email@example.com Upon receipt of the request, Legitng will use reasonable endeavours to remove the Trademarks from any future marketing material which is published 30 days from the date of the request.
- General Disclaimer
- Nothing in the Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law which by law may not be limited or excluded.
- If you are not a Consumer (under the Nigerian Consumer Law), you agree that Legitng has no direct or indirect liability (including in negligence) to you in any way related to your use of Legitng.
- If you are a Consumer (under the Nigerian Consumer Law), Legitng limits all its direct and indirect liability (including in negligence) to you to the Consumer Guarantees under the Nigerian Consumer Law.
- Where there is a breach of the Consumer Guarantees, then to the maximum extent permitted by law, Legitng’s liability to you is limited at its option to:
- in the case of goods, replacement or repair of the goods or payment of the cost of replacing or repairing the goods; and
- in the case of services, resupply of the services or payment of the cost of re-supplying the services.
- Subject to this clause 7, and to the extent permitted by law:
- we exclude all representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, by statute, trade or otherwise; and
- we will not be liable for any liabilities, claims, costs and expenses (including legal costs), damage or injury or any special, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Services or the late supply of the Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.Use of the Website and the Services is at your own risk. Everything in relation to the Website and the Services are provided to you “as is” and “as available” without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers or licensors of Legitng make any express or implied representation or warranty about its Content or any products or Services (including the products or services of Legitng) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the Service, or any of its Content related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
- costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Services or any of the products of Legitng;
- the Content or operation in respect to links which are provided for your convenience; or
- any defamatory, threatening, offensive or unlawful conduct of third parties or publication of any materials relating to or constituting such conduct.
- Legitng’s total liability arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed:
- the most recent fee paid by you to Legitng for the purchase of the Services under these Terms; or
- where you have not paid the fee, then the total liability of Legitng is the resupply of the Services to you, which shall be capped at a maximum amount of N100,000.00.
- You expressly understand and agree that Legitng, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors shall not be liable to you for any
loss or damage, or for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
- Legitng is not responsible or liable in any manner for any user content or other content posted on the Website or in connection with the Services, whether posted by the Client or by the Legal Professional or by any other third parties.
- Legitng does not control and is not responsible for the behaviours and actions of its Members, their comments, posts or information that they upload. Accordingly, Legitng is not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene or unlawful content or actions that you may encounter on the Website or in connection with your use of the Services.
- Legitng is not a law firm, is not engaging in legal practice and does not offer any legal services. Nothing provided by Legitng is legal advice and you cannot rely on it. You should always consult a Legal Professional to get certainty of your legal rights and obligations.
- Any use of the Legitng Services is not intended to, and does not, create a lawyer-client relationship. Any communication via Legitng may not be held confidential and are not bound by legal privilege. Legitng is not liable for the actions or omissions of any Legal Professionals performing services to you.
- Legitng is not a lawyer or legal professional referral service. Legitng does not select or endorse any individual legal professional. While Legitng uses commercially reasonable efforts to verify that the Legal Professionals have valid practising certificates, it does not make any warranty, guarantee, or representation as to the legal ability, competence, quality or qualifications of any Legal Professionals. Legitng encourages you to make all necessary enquiries and satisfy yourself as to whether the Legal Professional meets your requirements and objectives.
- You understand that we are not a party to and will not have any liability with respect to your work or engagement with the Legal Professionals. Any claims you have arising out of the legal advice or Services obtained from a Legal Professional is to be brought against the Legal Professional not Legitng and you indemnify Legitng from all claims, suits, demands and legal actions arising from any and all disputes between a Client and a Legal Professional.
- Legitng will have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond our reasonable control.
- You agree to indemnify Legitng and its officers, directors, employees, sublicensees, agents, affiliates, successors and assigns from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, losses, settlements, costs and expenses (including, without limitation lawyers’ fees and court costs) which arise out of or relate to your use of the Website and/or Services, including but is not limited to:
- any misuse of the Website or Services by you, including and without limitation, any dishonest, inaccurate, incomplete, fraudulent, negligent, wrongful, unlawful, or criminal act or omission by you;
- any act or omission (including negligent acts or omissions) of the Legal Professional in the performance or purported performance of any Services;
- your breach of the Terms;
- the use of any intellectual property created in respect of the Services not contemplated by the Terms or as a consequence of a breach of the Terms; or
- any activity which you engage on or through Legitng.
- This indemnity will survive termination of the Terms.
- Termination of the Services other than subscription services
- Either you or us may terminate the Terms or close the Member Account at any time for any reason by email.
- If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by:
- providing Legitng with fourteen (14) days’ notice of your intention to terminate; and
- closing your accounts for all of the Services that you use, where Legitng has made this option available to you.
- Legitng may, at any time, for any reasons, terminate your access to all or any part of the Website or Services, with or without notice.
- Your elected termination will be effective upon receipt of the notice of your intention to terminate by Legitng.
- Where there is a dispute between the Client and the Legal Professional, Legitng will not release the funds until the dispute is resolved or there is a court order requesting the funds to be released.
- If a dispute arises between the Client and the Legal Professional, the Client and the Legal Professional agree to deal with the disputes pursuant to the dispute resolution procedures specified in the Costs Agreement (if applicable).
- Where there is no Costs Agreement between the Legal Professional and the Client or whether the dispute falls outside the terms and conditions of the Costs Agreement, or where a Legal Professional or Client has a dispute with Legitng, then you agree to comply with the following:
- Either party may not commence any legal proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sought).
- A party to this Contract claiming a dispute (the “Dispute“) has arisen under the terms of this Contract, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the Dispute, the desired outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute (the “Notice“).
- On receipt of the Notice by the other party, the parties to the Terms (the “Parties“) must within seven (7) days of the Notice endeavour in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree.
- If thirty (30) days have elapsed after the start of a negotiation of the Dispute and the Dispute has not been resolved, either party may ask to terminate the negotiation and the negotiation shall be deemed terminated in this instance.
- In the event that the Dispute is not resolved at the conclusion of the negotiation, either party may institute legal proceedings concerning the subject matter of the Dispute thereafter.
Except as otherwise provided herein, all notices and other communications to you hereunder shall be in writing or displayed electronically in the Services by the provider thereof. Notices to you shall be deemed to have been properly given on the date posted, if posted; on the date first made available, if displayed in the Services; or on the date received, if delivered in any other manner. Notices to us should be sent to our account representative.
Nothing in this contract is intended to create a partnership, joint venture, agency or employment relationship with either the Client or Legal Professional.
The Terms are governed by the laws of Nigeria. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of Nigeria, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
The Services offered by Legitng are intended to be viewed by residents of Nigeria. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of Nigeria,and the venue shall be Nigeria.
The terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties concerning the subject matter of the agreement and supersede all previous communications, representations, inducements, undertakings, agreements or arrangements between the parties.
The Terms will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
If any part of the Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.
- A waiver of any right, power or remedy under this Agreement must be in writing signed by the party granting it.
- A waiver is only effective in relation to the particular obligation or breach in respect of which it is given. It is not to be taken as an implied waiver of any other obligation or breach or as an implied waiver of that obligation or breach in relation to any other occasion.
- The fact that a party fails to do, or delays in doing, something the party is entitled to do under this Agreement does not amount to a waiver.
- Legitng may assign or transfer its rights or obligations under these Terms without your consent.
- You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms without prior written consent of Legitng. A purported assignment without written consent will be deemed to be void and convey no rights.
You agree that any cause of action related to or arising out of your relationship with Legitng must commence within one year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
Neither party will disclose to any third party details of this agreement or any of the negotiations undertaken in relation to this agreement without the prior written consent of the other.
If you wish to notify us about anything relating to the Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org